How to refer a patient to Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital:
- To schedule an assessment for your patient with our intake and referral clinicians: Call 253-301-5400.
- To send patient information: Fax 253-301-5402.
To transfer a patient from an Emergency department:
1. Call for bed availability: 253-301-5400
2. Fax ED report: 253-301-5402
- The ED report should include:
- Patient identification, clinical history, co-morbidities
- Labs and tests ordered and completed
- Medication history and list of current medications
- Ambulatory status
- Language needs
- Usual & customary practice of doctor-to-doctor report
3. Transfer patient to Wellfound; ask ambulance to call with five-minute ETA
- The transfer record should include:
- Face sheet
- Physician evaluation & psychiatric assessment
- Labs/tests ordered & results
- Treatment and response in ED
- Medication reconciliation and ED meds
Download our Referral Process for Emergency Departments Seeking Admission flow chart.